What is EXT™
EXT™ is an Excel® reporting tool for steady state and dynamic models, programmed as an Excel Add-in, currently supporting the process simulators Petro-SIM® from KBC Advanced Technologies, and Aspen HYSYS® from AspenTech.
For most reports, results from a process simulation, be it steady state or dynamic, need to be transferred and treated in Excel. For a steady state simulation, this is mostly reporting of stream data and equipment operating parameters, whereas in dynamic cases, usually time series data (strip charts) are the results that are of most interest. In both cases, EXT™ provides a practical way to extract and use this information efficiently.
The steady state reporting tool extracts information from the process simulator for further treatment in Excel:
- Information from streams and/or unit operations can be extracted. The user controls what information is extracted
- Each row in the Excel report represents the properties of one object for a specific process simulation case
- Data can be extracted from a single case or multiple different cases
- The commands for controlling the extraction tool are entered as comments in a template Excel sheet allowing quick customization to fit Company standards
- Multi-case data extraction is ideal to quickly determine equipment design conditions in a FEED study
Special reports have been created for specific purposes, such as:
- Extract and prepare data for use in mySep separator software (www.mysep.com).
- Line sizing report for all streams using the process simulator’s line sizing utility.
- Hydrate formation report using the process simulator’s hydrate formation utility.
The dynamic reporting tool extracts stripchart data to Excel and creates multi-case plots:
- Stripchart data for multiple cases can be extracted to a single Excel workbook
- Stripcharts from multiple cases can easily be be plotted and compared in one graph